“Al this is my friend Mr. Harris,” Al nodded in Mr. Harris’s direction while staring at the cucumber sandwich as Maddy introduced them.
“Weeellll, chap whaaaat brings yooou heeeere?”
Al gave a puzzled look and replied, “I was chasing a rabbit.”
“Oh a raaaabbit, how delightful!” Mr. Harris exclaimed nearly toppling over in his chair causing Old Maddy to giggle in a fit of hysteria until she snorted.
“Go on,” she urged Al as she tried to compose herself. Al began to wonder what she had poured from the special adult tea pot.
“Well, he had a key, a silver one, but I’ve lost him now, I’ll never find him.”
“Oh why do ya say dat?” Maddy implored.
Al shrugged, he really didn’t have a good answer, he just didn’t believe he could find the rabbit, so he replied “It’s impossible.”
“Ha!” Mr. Harris laughed,” Why lad when I was your age I believed in six impossible things before my ma made me brush my teeth. Count it, six!”
Al stared in disbelief, he had no idea what to say to the man who was shoving cakes and tea in his mouth as he tried to recite the six things.
Al story continues-previous post
“Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – the White Queen, Alice in Wonderland.
What are the six impossible things you believe in? (If you can only manage one or two, that’s also okay.)
Well, I didn’t follow the prompt, but I did continue my re-imagination of Alice in Wonderland Tale. As far as 6 Impossible things I believe in:
1) Magic-And I’m not necessarily talking about voodoo, though I wouldn’t mess with that, but they say love is the most powerful of all magic and that is good enough for me. Did you know there is good voodoo and bad voodoo. Gotta check.
2) We Can Do It!-I believe that one day women will truly be equal in the STEM fields (and maybe even dominate some). We’ve come a long way, buy we still have a ways to go.
3) Not one straight line in the timeline of history. I might have to draw a picture sometime for that one on the Maria story.
4) I believe it is possible to engineer new ways to feed, water, house, clothe, and provide energy for over 8 billion people on this planet without mining resources from other sources in the solar system. (I’m kinda an optimist-but I’m not oppose to exploring new sites, I would be one of the first to sign up.)
5) I believe in a higher power-whether that be God or the heavens or what, I don’t know and I’m not sure that we’re meant to know for sure, so I’m not going to worry over it.
6) I believe that nothing is impossible.