“I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking,” Merrick apologized, pausing for Marin to say something. She folded her arms in response to his pathetic excuses. Merrick continued, looking at the sea floor, “It won’t happen again; I promise.” Marin seethed in silence, unsatisfied with Merrick’s weak promises.
Merrick peeked up through long lashes to see Mairin’s rage reaching the boiling point. Throwing her arms up in disgust, Mairin screamed, “I don’t want to hear it! There’s no excuse! You lying, no good… I hope you…. and… your… mistress get attacked by pirates! We are done–for good!! We are never getting back together!!!”
a : deficient in physical vigor : feeble, debilitated
b : not able to sustain or exert much weight, pressure, or strain
c : not able to resist external force or withstand attack
b : not firmly decided : vacillating
c : resulting from or indicating lack of judgment or discernment
d : not able to withstand temptation or persuasion <the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak>
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If your post doesn’t meet our requirements, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.