“I find this shallow and pedantic mother,” pushing back is plate of Sloppy Joe and green beans.
“Jacob Alexander, I’ve had about enough of that show and you repeating it. It’s a bad influence and you’re setting a bad example for your brother. One more time and there’s will be no TV for a month.”
“I find that punishment shallow and pedantic.” Jacob’s little brother mimics.
As soon as I saw the prompt for this week this Family Guy episode came to mind 🙂
- Commentator 1: The administration’s plan for peace in the Middle East is shallow and pedantic.
- Commentator 2: I agree. Shallow and pedantic.
- Peter: I agree as well. Shallow and pedantic.
- (at the dinner table)
- Lois: Everything all right. Peter?
- Peter: Well, Lois, since you asked, I find this meatloaf rather shallow and pedantic.
- Brian: What is this? You’re gonna talk down to everyone just because you won a game of Trivial Pursuit?
- Peter: Perhaps.
1 : of, relating to, or being a pedant(see pedant)
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If you know your post does not meet the requirements of the challenge, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
This week’s challenge is community judged.
- For the 14 hours following the close of the challenge, voting will be enabled on links.
- In order to vote, return to this post where stars will appear next to each link. To vote, simply click the star that corresponds with your favorite post.
- You can vote for your top three favorite posts.
- Voting is open to everyone. Encourage your friends to vote for you, if you wish, but please don’t tell them to vote on a number. The numbering of the posts changes regularly, as authors have the ability to delete their own links at any time.
- You have 14 hours to vote. It’s not much time, so be diligent!