Bite your tongue!
Get a hold of yourself!
How could you betray me like that?
I raised you better!
You think you’re smart, but you’re just a child!
That makes you look fat!
You can’t wear that?
Sit up straight!
I can’t believe you would say that?
What are you wearing?
Not out in public!
You’ll never be anything!
I don’t want you to write any more of this nonsense!
Spit that gum out!
Keep your mouth shut!
That doesn’t look good!
Why would you write that?
You don’t know what you’re talking about!
Because I’m your mother!
Why do you try to control me? Keep me down and mold me into something I’m not? How could you infect me with self-doubt and fill me with anguish like that? You’re supposed to be the one person I can turn to with anything, the one person to love me unconditionally, no strings attached.
I’ve had enough! I can’t take it anymore! Maybe this final act will fill you with self-doubt, doubting if you were ever a good mother. My opinion-NO! What will the others in town say? I don’t give a shit! You can all go to hell!
Trifecta: Week Sixty-Nine
Please pay attention to the third definition this week. If your post has to do with bacteria or disease, you’ve likely misused the word.
1: to contaminate with a disease-producing substance or agent (as bacteria)
2a : to communicate a pathogen or a disease to
b : of a pathogenic organism : to invade (an individual or organ) usually by penetration
c : of a computer virus : to become transmitted and copied to (as a computer)
3a : contaminate, corrupt
b : to work upon or seize upon so as to induce sympathy, belief, or support <trying to infect their salespeople with their enthusiasm>
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If you know your post does not meet the requirements of the challenge, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
- For the 12 hours following the close of the challenge, voting will be enabled on links.
- In order to vote, return to this post where stars will appear next to each link. To vote, simply click the star that corresponds with your favorite post.
- You can vote for your top three favorite posts.
- Voting is open to everyone. Encourage your friends to vote for you, if you wish, but please don’t tell them to vote on a number. The numbering of the posts changes regularly, as authors have the ability to delete their own links at any time.
- You have 12 hours to vote. It’s not much time, so be diligent! We’ll send out reminders on Twitter and Facebook.