Al climbed through the hole in the fence to the neighbor’s yard. He was met by Old Maddy stern grip picking him up by the collar, “Ey lad, come ta join me for tea time?”
“Uh-” Al stuttered as he watched the white rabbit hop away with the silver key.
“Yer ma got ‘erself another gentleman caller?”
“Yeah,” Al admitted reluctantly.
“Well, donna fash yourself over it. Sit down here anna wait. The resta my guests willna be but a minute.”
Al sat glumly at the patio table decorated for with holiday decorations from Halloween to Christmas for a spring garden tea party. It was decorating madness. He could only imagine who Maddy’s guests would be, at least it would be a more entertaining afternoon than trying not to listen to his mom’s date. If only he could sneak away for a moment to search Maddy’s yard for that rabbit.
1a : the measured or measurable period during which an action, process, or condition exists or continues : duration
b : a nonspatial continuum that is measured in terms of events which succeed one another from past through present to future
c : leisure <time for reading>
2: the point or period when something occurs : occasion
3a : an appointed, fixed, or customary moment or hour for something to happen, begin, or end <arrived ahead of time>
b : an opportune or suitable moment <decided it was time to retire> —often used in the phrase about time <about time for a change>
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If your post doesn’t meet our requirements, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone.