Paul carefully aligned the candles along the length of both sides of the longest hallway in the apartment. Luckily he had just enough candles. His roommates looked on with perplexed anticipation, placing bets on how much he had to drink.
“Paul, how much have you had to drink?” John asked as he upped his bet with Matt.
“Nothing,” Paul responded as he searched through the kitchen draws for matches. “Do you have a light, Peter?”
“Sure,” Peter answered, handing Paul his trusty lighter. Paul set about lighting all his candles in a ritualistic silence.
“What are you doing?” Matt finally interrupted.
Paul paused a moment, looked up from the candled aura and answered, “I’m going to walk the path of In-light-in-ment.”
—–120 words—–Photo: WikiCommons by russavia—–
This week’s word is:
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
- For the 12 hours following the close of the challenge, voting will be enabled on links.
- In order to vote, return to this post where stars will appear next to each link. To vote, simply click the star that corresponds with your favorite post.
- You can vote for your top three favorite posts.
- Voting is open to everyone. Encourage your friends to vote for you, if you wish, but please don’t tell them to vote on a number. The numbering of the posts changes regularly, as authors have the ability to delete their own links at any time.
- You have 12 hours to vote. It’s not much time, so be diligent! We’ll send out reminders on Twitter and Facebook.